The multi-domed Historic Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Resurrection, built between 1936 and 1939 under the direction of Father Philip Ruh, is an ambitious example of the cathedral-style churches built by Ukrainian congregations in Manitoba in the 1920s to 1940s.
This splendid church features the early Kievan style of Eastern Byzantine architecture with a dramatic roofline and spectacular interior iconography. The visually rich interior was painted by Canadian iconographer Theodore Baran and is known as a Prairie Cathedral.
The church served the needs of Dauphin area Ukrainians for over five decades and the provincial and a national historic site is now used on special occasions.
Guided tours are available upon request. Phone 204-638-5511 or 204-638-4618 or 204-638-4659
Address: 39 - 11th Avenue SW, Dauphin MB